These Course will commence again in Sept 2018, you can apply now as courses are often full by June, if you do apply now we may not contact you back immediately, in the meantime If you have a question regarding the course please email email@example.com
Are you interested in working in Ireland's Largest Industry, Hospitality, Heritage and Tourism., would you like to work in a Hotel, Tourism Information a Tourist Site/attractions , would you like to run or be involved in running events such as festivals
This is a unique opportunity for you, secure work experience, learn about history and culture, learn to produce an event, gain hospitality skills and discover worldwide tourism practices.
A national Certificate QQI level 5 in Tourism with Business 5M5011 Major Award is awarded on successful completion. The award is recognised within the National Framework of Qualifications (See Below)
To obtain a full QQI Major Award Level 5 a learner must be successful in 8 components.
Social Welfare Recipients/Medical Card Holders Course Cost €50 Exam Fee Free Not a Social Welfare Recipients/Medical Card Holders Course Cost €250 Exam Fee €50
Course Cost is Payable before end of June.
Book Loan Scheme: All course text books are loaned at a total cost of €50, €25 is returned to students on completion of course on return of books.
- Tourism Principles and Practice 5N2078 (Credit Value 15 -mandatory)
National and International Tourism. Understand the tourist product of Ireland as a unique destination and how to promote and sell it. Identify a range of international and national tourist attractions. Learn about tourist profiles and how they impact on tourist markets. Extensive field trips and site visits are an integral part of this component.
- Tourism Information and Administration 5N0636 (Credit Value 15 -mandatory)
Work independently in a tourist information office or in the front office of a range of tourism enterprises. Emphasis on providing advice to visitors on coaches, walking tours, places of interest etc.
- Work Experience 5N1356 (Credit Value 15 -mandatory) Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning.
- Communications 5N0690 (Credit Value 15 -mandatory) Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Reception and Front Line Skills 5N1407 – Learn about displaying a professional approach to receiving visitors and using effective customer service skills, upkeep of visitors logbook, dealing with complaints. Apply a range of general administrative skills within the reception and/or front office context to include booking and preparing for conference, organising visitors waiting area, arranging appointments, preparing an itinerary, making reservations, providing information to visitors etc.
- Irish Cultural and Heritage Resources 5N1293 – Learn on the move! 10 cultural and heritage site visits incorporating evaluation and illustrating the principles of good heritage management in Ireland. Play an active role in the planning, implementation, presentation and management of a cultural or heritage event.
- Word Processing 5N1358 – Create and edit documents to a professional standard. Utilise Memos and Mailmerge for streamlining customer communication
- Event Production 5N1374 -To enable the learner prepare, plan and assist in producing an event while exploring all the elements necessary to run the event, including safety and health regulations
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Candidates gain first-hand experience by attending appropriate and related work placements within the community care environment. Garda clearance is essential to partake in work experience which comprises a minimum of 10 days placement.
This accreditation may offer an alternative route to third level Education. Career prospects include Reception , Hospitality, Heritage & Tourism Information Center, Travel Agency, Tour Guide and Self Employment.