Business Studies 5M2102 Level 5 QQI Midleton
These Course will commence again in Sept 2018, you can apply now as courses are often full by June, if you do apply now we may not contact you back immediately, in the meantime If you have a question regarding the course please email email@example.com
This programme is specifically designed to develop practical administration and office skills, essential tools in the modern business world. The course has a practical focus with an emphasis on preparing graduates for further education and/or employment. The range of subjects covered ensures foundation knowledge in the traditional core subject areas and practical application of office and administration principles.
Graduates from this course have taken up various clerical, book-keeping, administrator, office support and customer service positions in the following areas amongst many others: Commercial Banking, Health-care Administration, Local Government, retail Sales, Telecommunications, Accountancy, Taxation, Insurance, Marketing, Human resources and Tourism and services Industry.
A national Certificate QQI level 5 in Business Administration Award 5M2102 Major Award is awarded on successful completion. The award is recognised within the National Framework of Qualifications (See Below)
To obtain a full QQI (Fetac) Level 5 a learner must be successful in 8 components.
Social Welfare Recipients/Medical Card Holders Course Cost €50 Exam Fee Free Not a Social Welfare Recipients/Medical Card Holders Course Cost €250 Exam Fee €50
€50 of Course Cost is Payable before end of June.
A student services costs of €50 is paid by all students this pays for all books, photocopying etc.
Book Loan Scheme: All course text books are loaned to students and are paid for under the student services cost. students on completion of course on return of books.
Components on course
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 (Credit Value 15 -mandatory)
Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
- Accounting -Manual and Computerised 5N1348 (Credit Value 15 -mandatory)
Learn to prepare financial statements from trial balance and period end adjustments using both a manual accounting system and a computerised package. Produce a forecast financial statement with a forecast cash flow.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – (Credit Value 15 -mandatory)
Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Communications 5N0690 (Credit Value 15 -mandatory)
Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Payroll Manual and Computerised 5N1546 – Process the payroll for employees using manual and computerised systems under the cumulative tax system to include gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, credits etc. Learn about emergency and temporary tax systems and the subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system. Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary end-of-period and year-end returns and tax forms for the revenue commissioners
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Database Methods 5N0783 – Use MS Access to create databases from design specifications under a time constraint. Learn to manipulate information from databases and retrieve and output in report format
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Candidates gain first-hand experience by attending appropriate and related work placements within the community care environment. Garda clearance is essential to partake in work experience which comprises a minimum of 10 days placement.
If the cost of childcare is preventing you from doing a course with us. All our courses are CETS approved which means that Childcare is subsidised, costing somewhere between €25 and €10 per week per child.
Just let the college know you wish to avail of CETS and check with your childcare center that they have a CETS place.
more info on Citizens info link below